What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Frying and Rollercoasters



Okay, Here's My Deal...

There are certain things in life that scare a person and , those same things can then scar you for a long time. For me, it's frying and rollercoasters.

I am not much of a cook. And, basically, I don't fry. Bacon, hamburgers, saugage...if it needs to be fried, my husband does it. Before him, well, I bought nukeable bacon and only ate hamburgers if someone else cooked them. See, frying can hurt you. The grease pops and hurts you. Yes, I am a wimp. A few weeks ago, we thought hanburgers sounded good and we did not have gas for the grill. For some inexplicable reason, I said I would do it. And I did and it was freeing. Called my parents to brag. My husband said, next, it is bacon!! Um, no. That is not going to happen anytime soon. Can Guarantee it.

Buchanan County Fair. Can't remember the year. Midway. Kiddie rollercoaster. Or, as I ahve always called it, deathtrap on a rail. I was in elementary school and this thing could not have been more than three or four feet off of the ground at its highest point. But, it was so herky jerky and rickety that I was frightened out of my mind. So much so that it took me a long time to get over it and venture onto larger coasters at Six Flags--but I did. In fact, in Kansas City, I was heard to scream, "Who's your mama?!?!" on a coaster that took me on 4 loop-de-loops. But, I was still the kiddie rollercoaster's bi**h. Well, yesterday, we took our sons to a festival with a midway. My oldest wanted to ride the kiddie coaster and my husband laughed and took his hand. I said, "I'll do it." He asked if Iwas sure. "Yes." and I did it and it was scary but it is the bi**ch now!! Called my parents to brag.

Sometime, I will tell you about wooden bridges...aaauuuggghhh!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!