What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

STOP Already...It Is Too Fast


Okay, Here's My Deal...
Yes, I know, another post in the same day. Crazy.
It amazes me how much my oldest son, 3, has changed just this summer and in the last month especially, it seems. The post right below this told about this morning's awakening. Tonight, he pulled out some stuff that I found amusing and a little sad becasue he is just grwoing up so fast.
After we picked them up at the sitter, I came home to nurse the baby and my husband and the oldest went for ice cream and to look at trains. He informed my husband that his belly was hungry. When asked what he wanted to eat, he replied, "Chicken and mash tatoes chicken house." His way of saying KFC.
When we got home from the chicken house, he took my husbands keys while still in the van and said, "I open door myself," and proceeded to pick out the correct key, put it in the lock, turn it and open the door for us.
Later, he was playing in his room, while my husband was on the computer and I was working on lesson plans. He came out and informed me he was making food for supper. I laughed and told him to come tell me when it was ready and I would eat. A few minutes later, I was in with my husband and he came running out of his room yelling, "mam, food's ready! Come check it out!" So, we all went to his room, where he had put down loose leaf paper on his chalkboard table topped with all sorts of mega blocks. He said, "supper's ready." We asked what we were going to be eating and he said, "Macroni cheese." and he handed us each a mega block to eat.
Tomorrow we will be packing his bags for college...I mean, when we actually do that, it will seem like tomorrow. He is growing too fast, but it can't be helped. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!