What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

God's Hand of Protection



Okay, Here's My Deal...

I am convinced that God's hand of protection was over my family last night.

We were traveling home last night from my parents' house and were not quite half way. We were on an interstate 4 lane highway with my husband driving in the right lane--I specify that because for some odd reason, my husband tends to be a left lane driver most of the time--and I was talking on the phone to my SIL.

Before we knew it there was a car headed in our direction going full speed (we were in a 70 mph zone) the WRONG way down the highway in the LEFT lane!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband pulled over to check exactly where we were (luckily we were in a spot where the intersections were marked) and we called 911 to alert police.We decided to turn around at the next intersection and go back in case they needed our statement if they caught the driver.

About a mile and half up the road we saw that a deputy sherrif had pulled over the car, so we got off at the next intersection and doubled back. My husband pulled behind the officer and put on his hazards and got out to speak with him and to thank him for stopping the driver so quickly. Turns out the man was elderly and very confused...it was quite sad to see him sitting in his car looking obviously disoriented.

After getting back on the road about 5 to 10 minutes later it really hit us about what had just happened and we were really upset about it. The "what if's" started running through our minds about how very different the whole incident could have been if God's hand had not been protecting us. It was a tense ride home the rest of the way...but we got home and we very relieved to be safe and alive. Praise God for His protection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!