What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Blink of An Eye



Okay, Here's My Deal...

Tonight my husband and I, okay, mostly, well, entirely my husband, got a lot of things done around the house as far as tidying up and cleaning. I was taking care of the baby and our preschooler.

One minute, everything is fine and hunky dory and then my husband sat down with me and the baby on the couch. The oldest wanted to race...he stands at one end of our living room and says, "Ready to race?" and one of us says, "ready, set go!" and he runs the length of the room and we repeat it. He had done this a couple of times and the baby was laughing at him.

Then it happened.

My husband made a vrooom noise and it startled the baby and he got the look...you've seen it--lower lip sticks out, starts to quiver, eyes big then squinted...WAHHHHHHHH.

This distracted our preschooler who got to the door quicker and harder than he thought and got a splinter in his finger and he got the look and then...WAHHHHHHHH.

In the blink of an eye we went from harmony and laughter to tears and drama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!