What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

That's Why I Don't Cook


Okay, Here's My Deal...
Tonight, I almost barbequed my family. Poof, up in flames.
Note to self: only broil things in glass or metal pans.
I was cooking a lasagna for supper. One of those you can microwave or bake. The last 5 minutes, I decided I would add extra cheese on top and move the rack up and broil it...I like browned cheese. In the process, I got sauce on my shorts and shirt, so I went to the bathroom to rinse and stain stick.
My husband yelled, "Oh, my gosh!!!" and I smelled it--smoke. I came out of the bathroom to find the house filled with smoke and my husband pulling out the baking sheet with the lasagna out of the oven.
Yeah, the paper container had all singed and was glowing red. A few more seconds and it would have burst into flames in the oven.
Nimrod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!