What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Friday, April 18, 2008

I Feel the Earth Move Under My Feet...

Okay, Here's My Deal...

We live in a town that has trains...the BNSF (Burlington Northern Santa Fe) and others come through here at all hours of the day. So, we are used to hearing them and feeling them.

This morning, about 4:40 or so, my husband was up with the baby. I thought I felt a train, but then heard more rattling of things than I usually do. The windows rattled more and I heard the over the door towel rack click clack against the door. It lasted longer than normal, too. I just figured it was a longer, heavily loaded train. I was wrong.

There was an earthquake near the border of Illinios and Indiana and was a 5.2. We were feeling the tremors of the quake!! It thought maybe it was the New Madrid Fault, but actually, it was actually the Wabash Fault, an extension of the New Madrid. How ironic that I thought it was a train it was an earthquake on the Wabash fault? (see, there is an old song about the Wabash Cannonball...a train...well, if I have to explain it, it loses it effectiveness)

Anyway, I thought that was really interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!