What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Strange & Morbid...but Good?

Okay, Here's My Deal...

Last night I picked out some pictures to send to my brother. My mom asked him to take a bunch of pictures and create a sort of collage to hang in the room my dad sleeps in now so that he can look at while he is laying down.

Okay, I can understand this because it may be comforting to my dad. But, it was really strange for me, almost bordering on morbid. here I was picking out pictures for my dad to look at while he lays dying. It was very sureal and I still don't know how I feel about it, really.

My mom said that neither she or dad want pictures or videos at their visitations. They don't like them. I sort of wanted to put a picture or two of him and the boys in his coffin, but now I don't know if I should or not. I guess I just need to ask. Maybe they would let me put them in after the visitation or have them placed in before they close the casket.

All of this is just strange for me even though I grew up around death. I had several sets of grandparents and great-grandparents. And, I have had several other relatives who have died from disease or age. So death is not foreign to me. Now, to my husband, it is. So, he is having his own issues with all of this...heaped on with my surgery recovery and other stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!