What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Study Hell

Okay, Here's My Deal...

No, the title is not a typo. I did mean hEll and not hall. The very last hour of my day at school is study hall. No matter how great of a day I had up to then, it all goes to crap in the last 53 minutes of the day and I end up looking like this guy over here.

I don'thave discipline problems in my classroom. In the math classes I teach, I just don't have issues. Now granted, I do teach the advanced students and they generally want to be in class. But, since my room is meant to be for small groups of gifted kids, there is not enough room for the 30 kids I have in study hall, so I was assigned the cafeteria for study hall. Great, I thought. I can spread them out and it will be quiet.

Right. I have lost track of the times I have changed sseats. I have even gone to our auditorium to spread them out even more and nothing works. It is just the combination of kids that I have and the fact that only about 7 or 8 kids ever really use study hall as a time to do homework.

I just hate it so much. I am counting down the days til the end of the year simply because of this class...bleah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!