What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Monday, December 29, 2008

The Force is Strong With This One

Okay, Here's My Deal...

I have a strong-willed personality...so do both of my sons, I believe. There are pros and cons that come with it. Right now, with our oldest, 4.5, we are experiencing the cons.

You've heard about the Terrible Twos. Well, we are in the throes of what I am calling the Fearsome Fours. Tantrums that seem to come from nowhere and at the drop of a hat. I mean, almost Sybil-like. (Literary reference there, from the 70's, for you who are scratching your heads right about now.) How a happy-go-lucky, laughing boy can turn into a tear-filled, hysterical whining, arms and legs flailing creature so quickly just amazes me.

It can be anything from not wanting his little brother in his room or sitting next to him or smiling at him (I think there is a previous post about that a few weeks ago...) or touching something to not wanting to eat or lay down or stop playing something or get out of the van--you never know what it is going to be next or how long it will last.

Calgon, take me away!! (Again, for those scratching thier heads, that is a reference to a TV commercial for a bath product many years ago.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!