What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Ice Baby

Okay, Here's My Deal...

Our area is under an ice storm warning beginning tomorrow noon to the next day noon. IF we get as much as they say, it could be 3/4" to an inch. We only have tomorrow and the next day before we go on break for two weeks. I'd like to see us to go tomorrow hopefully for the entire day--but if the ice starts sooner than expected, we may get out early, which would be fine, too. Then I would be totally okay with missing Friday even though it means we would have to make it up at the end of the year.

What I am afraid of is losing power becasue of hte ice. We got lucky the last big ice storm last year. Almost every neighborhood around us lost power, but we never did. If it were just my husband and I, it would not bother me so much, but with two little ones, that makes a big difference. Tonight we are going to get things ready just in case. We already have lots of bread and milk and stuff we can eat without having to cook it, but I mean gather up blankets, warm clothes and flashlights...you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!