What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Play Do? Doh? Dough? Doe?

Okay, Here's My Deal...
A big hit with my oldest for Christmas this year was a Playdoh canister from his NC Aunt and Uncle. Well, for any of you who have kids, you know that you have all of the different colors of dough for about 5.7 seconds before it all gets mixed together and you have this big batch of Graydoh. That is okay becuase they have so much fun playing with it as it gets to that stage.
So, I thought I would make some homemade dough today. It was a simple no cook recipe that I found on the net: 3 c flour, 1/3 c salt, 2 Tbsp veg oil and 1 c water. You mix everything but the water together and then add the water 1/4 c at a time. You have to knead the crap out of it to get it all together in one big blob. Then, just divide into smaller blobs and add food coloring to create all the colors you want. Of course, they will also eventually get all mixed together, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!