What's My Deal?!

Assorted ramblings from a Christian wife, mother and public school teacher.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa

I am a Christian, I am a wife and mother and am a public middle school teacher of math and gifted education. My Blog, "What's My Deal?" is just day to day ramblings. My other Blog, "All About the Fish" is more like a personal webpage about my Christian experiences.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Got to Have Faith


Okay, Here's My Deal...
We found out last night that my dad has a mass on his pancreas and it looks like it is starting to spread to other areas...he has not felt good for a long time and he had a CT scan yesterday and it was found. He has an appointment with both an internist and an oncologist next week to try and confirm it is indeed cancer or not.
It is scary and I am trying to be positive...but everything that I have been reading makes it hard. And, I worry about my mom, because her health is not the best, either...she has COPD and emphyzema. And, they are relatively young: 64 and 62.
I also feel a little selfish because I feel a little overwhelemd because I think of the last 12 months and everything that has happened in my life: birth of a child, my husband's struggles with his career and schooling, my upcoming gallbladder sugery, the death of my biological father--who I really didn't know, financial woes and windfalls, root canals, my brother and SIL and an issue they are dealing with, two huge deals with my husband's family that have thankfully worked out for the good, post partum depression...and now this.
This is a time where I really need to increase my prayers and faith in God. He can't control what I don't give to him to control and I jsut need to let some things go to Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Search Popdex:
my pet!